We found an article written by Karen Philips at DWF lawyers setting out some clear advice on how tenants can challenge landlords’ service charge demands for the forthcoming year.
She has some good suggestions:
- collaborate with other tenants
- check other sites and compare costs
- consult your landlord early about your dissatisfaction
- react quickly to the demand
- pay the part you have no issue with
- know your lease terms
- check the RICS Service Charge Code of practice
Here’s the article in full, thanks Karen for a timely reminder.